Tuesday, December 14, 2010

creature of habit.

i'm totally a creature of habit. i like tradition, i like to go to familiar restaurants and vacation places. i enjoy watching the same movies over and over again. i love home. i have a hard time moving new places, would rather go to a restaurant i've been before (to get my favorite dish haha) and don't have a problem watching harry potter for the bazillionth time. part of the reason why i'm like this is because i struggle with change which makes life rough sometimes, but i enjoy the memories and warm, fuzzy feelings associated with the things i like and am used to. it's not that i don't want to try new things or go new places (ok, sometimes this is true), i jut enjoy having memories behing everything in my life. i love remembering all the times i've had in hilton head with my family. i don't want my parents to sell our house because that's where we all grew up together, it feels like leaving something behind.

liking tradition is one thing (and not a bad thing), but holding on too tightly is another. yes, i love the things in my life that remind me of the incredible family and friends i have and all the memories throughout the years. but i forget too easily that there are so many more memories to be made and things to be remembered. i get scared that my future isn't going to be as filled with great family, friends and memories that my past has been filled with and then i remind myself how silly this is and how big the God i serve truly is! i have no clue how i'm going to buy a house someday, be able to afford kids let alone take awesome family vacations, but i'm glad that that's all taken care of. i don't need to worry about it and that's a good feeling. will i still worry about it? yes. but at least i can start reminding myself to remember why i don't need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment