Tuesday, October 12, 2010

three things.

so i'm struggling with not freaking out moving into this new place. i always have a difficult adjusting to a new place/moving somewhere, so i knew this would happen. just a matter of dealing with how i'm feeling right now and switching this doubt/stress i'm feeling into hope and excitement of starting out here and knowing i'm going to be here for the next few years. so i'm copying churchie's idea of writing three GOOD things from the day that i'm thankful/happy for. as much as i don't like to admit it, i tend to think more negatively when i'm stressed/freaking out. i'm working on it. so here it goes...

1. i absolutely LOVE the area i am living in, it is perfect to run in. it's got tons of pretty trees, lots of cool streets to explore with cool old houses. and most of all, TONS of fellow runners! i passed probably 20 runners today on my run and i love it. i love seeing people when i run. it makes me feel a lot better running, especially if i don't particularly want to go out and run.
2. i love love love the bebe that i am nannying for (and the parents). she is such a sweetheart. i feel so blessed to have found them...they have made transitioning to cincinnati so much easier and always am offering to do things for me. they are amazing.
3. my books...i unpacked all my books today (most of them) in my little apartment and realized how happy books make me. i know, call me a dork, but i LOVE them. i want a super awesome bookcase someday (or library) where i can put ALL my books in one place. that would make me super happy.

that's all for now. i'll try to update more frequently, but we'll see how that goes. i'm ready for cool, fall weather...hopefully the end of this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment